Re: netcfg udeb_include on netinst images

Am Son, den 21.12.2003 schrieb Joey Hess um 17:11:
> Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > I was wondering why netcfg shows up on netinst cdroms although it is
> > priority optional. I then discovered that netcfg-(dhcp|static),
> > ethdetect, choose-mirror and pump-udeb are in udeb_include on these
> > images.
> > Is there a special reason for this? IMO these packages should only be in
> > udeb_include on the businesscard images. The netinst image should be
> > able to install a base system without forcing network configuration.
>
> Problem is that can leave someone with no configured network at all,
> since base-config does not currently configure networking ever.
>
> I think we should leave choose-mirror off of netinst CDs, but leave
> netcfg and the rest on at least until base-config gets modified to do
> network configuration.
I agree with this. The best we can do for now is probably the following:
- netcfg and choose-mirror on businesscard
- netcfg on netinst (networking is needed for second stage)
- none of the above for full cd sets

Do you know how hard it would be to use the d-i netcfg in base-config?
Are all the features of cdebconf available in perl debconf?

BTW, does anybody know where these udeb_include files are defined? Is
this in debian-cd?

Gaudenz