Re: Booting netinst from SCSI CDROM fails

Steve Langasek wrote:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:10:36AM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:

By contrast, USB CDROM should work, but has probably not gotten enough
testing.

Sorry, I would be glad to do some testing here, but my PC can't
boot from USB.

But you could move the CD from the SCSI CD drive to the USB CD drive
after booting :)

I do not know why I haven't tried this before. I passed the mount-cd
option, but after selecting a distro (Sid), and a partition and
filesystem for / (reiserfs) I got stuck in the menu. I could not
select anything else but "Configure and Mount Partitions". And it did
nothing. Especially the new partition for / was neither formatted
for reiserfs, nor was it mounted.

Regards

Harri