Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/libdebian-installer/src by waldi

[Joey Hess]
> Please stop committing large changes to this very core part of d-i.

I agree to this.  We need to be more conservative with the changes to
libd-i.

> These changes will not be accepted into the next beta. The core of
> d-i is frozen.

Some of the changes will have to be accepted.  Getting rid of the
chunk allocator, and using malloc() instead should be done as soon as
possible.  It should reduce the size of libd-i, and avoid some
arch-problems.

> If you need help setting up a branch to do this work in, I would be
> happy to help.

Probably a good idea.  The branch should have all the big changes, and
the trunk should have only the minor fixes.