Re: Status of IPv6 in d-i?

>Hi,
>
>A friend of mine, who is quite the IPv6 adopter commented to me today that
>(much) earlier version of d-i that he tried out some months ago had IPv6
>support, but that it had seemed to have gone away in the newer releases.
>
>Are there any plans for the installer to work with IPv6 for the sarge
>release?

Yes, if we can get the work done by sarge release time.
At the moment, everyone looks focussed on clearing the bug backlog, but the
work involved for IPv6 need not be so big:

Offhand from IRC discussions I believe we need:

(1) ensure wget in busybox (-cvs?) is built with IPv6 support.
(2) choose-mirror works sensibly to select IPv6 mirrors
(3) (bigger) netcfg tries IPv6, tries to autoconfig
(ping local net?) if this works, sets a debconf flag so that
choose-mirror, etc. select from IPv6 hosts.

All help needed.

Beannacht,
Alastair McKisntry