Re: Installation-reports

Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Whatever I pass as parameters (cdrom debug aic7xxx=no_probe
> video=vga16:off apm=off noapic), the behaviour is identical:
> Load kernel from CDROM; after 2 seconds the menu Language Selection
> shows up.
> Whatever I click here,
> the steps are
> Detecting Hardware (very fast)
> Detecting Hardware (extremely fast)

One of the modules it is loading must be hanging the kernel. Try booting
with DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low DEBCONF_DEBUG=5. You will then be able to step
through the main menu at your own speed and when it loads kernel modules
it will first prompt you for parameters to pass to each module. This
should make it easy to deduce which module hangs it.

--
see shy jo