Re: Default bootloader

Am Mit, den 19.11.2003 schrieb Andrés Roldán um 14:43:
> As the maintainer of LILO, I know that there is advantages on GRUB and advantages
> on LILO. Some users will need LILO advantages, some will need GRUB advantages.
> I'm not intending to make a flamewar of bootloaders. I just suggest not to have
> a "default" bootloader but to let the user to choose what is the one she needs.
You already have this choice. Simply run debian-installer at priority
medium and you will see main-menu and you can choose grub or lilo. For
the priority=high install we need a default, because we don't show the
main-menu and this install is also intended for new users how don't know
anything about boot loaders. Please don't add this choice to priority
high installs, because this question is not appropriate for this
priority.
IMO we should make grub the default and add some logic (via
isinstallable?) to grub-installer to detect all cases that grub can't
handle and choose lilo then (and vice versa if this exists).

gaudenz