Re: Install Report from a Linux newbie - some comments

BTW, I've started working on a really basic
linux-newbie
help file. I'd appreciate any feedback you have; if
you'd like
I can email it. I have it posted at

http://members.cox.net/toff1/ (Download the 'aclue'
link in binary
mode).

--
I have tried your script.

(Had some problems at the beginning since I was
starting from konsole in a small window.  It exited
immediately with ": command not founde 1870:" Setting
the window to a larger size solved the problem)

Yes that script could be very helpful just after the
base install to get starting.  I would keep it to a
minimal size though , keeping the menus items: Help,
Navigate Display Files, Pipes, Search, Edit, Manage
Program (Tutorial to install some basic programs like
lynx, nano, vi, ...))  I would re-arrange "Network
connections" so it reads more like  "Getting on the
internet" and include "Browse the web" and "E-mail" in
this section.

I would probably group the rest with a "Where to go
from here" section that would point to other resources
like Linux-CookBook, that would help setting up X and
printing.

Hope this help.  Just tell me if you need help on any
particular section.

Eric