Re: [Fwd: Alpha Debian Netinst]

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:06:36PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > I also don't know why this aboot.conf still has references to jensen as
> > a subarchitecture.  I haven't found any 2.4 jensen kernels in the
> > archive, and everything I've found from debian-alpha suggests that there
> > are no longer separate kernels for any architectures.

> Afaik jensen is the last arch that needs its own kernel. We realy need
> someone with a jensen to confirm or deny.

There are no jensen 2.4 kernels in the archive, and the debian-alpha
list archive shows only people saying that these unified 2.4 kernels
*should* work on jensen.  There's no reason to special-case jensen in
d-i unless someone speaks up to say these kernels don't work for him.

> Also all the other flavours need a confirm or deny. The coming milo
> udebs need testing for flavours without srm.

What other flavors are you referring to?  MILO is its own beast, and
MILO "flavors" don't correlate with anything on the kernel package side
or in aboot.  I would assume that all the MILO flavors that were
required for woody are still required for sarge, since there's
effectively no code change in this area (since MILO is, after all, a
Linux 2.0 kernel).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer