Re: Install-report

Uwe Dippel <udippel@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 08:50, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
> > Can you select some nic-extra-modules*.udeb package to be installed or
> > are all the net modules allready poulled in?
>
> ??? No understand.

Main-menu has a menu item to install additional debian-installer
components (formerly known as modules). If you selet that you get a
list of udbs that aren't yet installed and you can mark the once you
want. Of cause that needs to be able to boot the normal cdrom image
first.

> Booting that Beta-1 to linux or cdrom freezes completely two seconds
> later, whichever parameters I pass. (e.g. video=vga16:off apm=off)

Now that is something to report and debug.

> Booting to net ends me in 'Something must have gone wrong' with a red
> background.
> >From there I can go back to the selection ('Continue') and load network
> modules (e.g.). There is not a single 3C in the offering. So I can only
> click 'other' which brings me back to the selection (menu).

The net flavour has no cdrom drivers and thus can't load extra modules
from cdrom. YOu have the wrong type of network card for this.

> I wonder why this is so difficult; 220860, 220865 and 221003 describe
> the whole affair much better than my report. Despite exposing disastrous
> behaviour, they have been downgraded from 'Grave' to 'Normal'. But
> that's your internal stuff.
>
> I'd just be happy to get a somewhat usable installer, thanks !

220860 seems to be the "multiple network cards" bug.
220865 seemed to have failed with dhcp
221003 has a firewire cdrom that wasn't supported.

Where does that describe your failure to boot the cdrom install?

MfG
        Goswin