Re: [patch]: fdisk-udeb needs reduced .mo files for l10n

> >The fdisk-udeb for debian-installer requires cut-down versions
> >of the .mo files for localisation.
> >The following patch produces these.

.../...

> I wrote up a patch to add the missing l10n to cfdisk.
> Unfortunately its bloats the udeb a bit:
>
> total 4072
>   68 bsdutils_2.12-4_i386.deb
>  468 fdisk-udeb_2.12-4_i386.udeb
>  136 mount_2.12-4_i386.deb
>    4 util-linux-2.12
>    4 util-linux-2.12.new
>  984 util-linux-locales_2.12-4_all.deb
>  148 util-linux_2.12-4.diff.gz
>    4 util-linux_2.12-4.dsc
>   60 util-linux_2.12-4_i386.build
>    4 util-linux_2.12-4_i386.changes
>  372 util-linux_2.12-4_i386.deb
> 1820 util-linux_2.12.orig.tar.gz
>
> Around 70K per language added to the udeb.
> Is this acceptable, or what else should be done?

There was no reaction to this.

Having the cfdisk part translated is IMHO really important. Without
this, we will end up with a full translated installer in a lot of
languages....except for the manual partitioning step.

So, can we afford this extra bloat ?

fdisk-udeb is currently about 85k. Thus by grabbing translations from
the util-linux package we lose 380k....