Re: dhcp idea

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 07:01:34AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:02:12PM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > Am Fre, den 14.11.2003 schrieb Christian Perrier um 06:44:
> > > I second your plans. Of course, I hope you'll try to keep as much as
> > > possible of the templates tanslations while merging the
> > > packages. There is a lot of work in them, though the polishing
> > > stuff will fuzzy some strings.
> > atm there are 3 different template files for netcfg (netcfg-common,
> > netcfg-static and netcfg-dhcp). Are the translation for these files in
> > one po-file per language or in 3 different files? What do I have to take
> > care of, when I move these templates to other files?
> > Is it common practice that the one how introduces or changes a template
> > runs debconf-updatepo or is this done by the translators?
>
> I'm pretty sure Denis has a script that does debconf-updatepo when
> you make changes here, except for that the answer would be to always
> run it after a change.

I have indeed a running script so that updated PO files are available
online (and then translators can grab them, not all translators want to
learn CVS and checkout a local copy of the whole debian-installer), but
there are no automatic commits.
So yes, it helps if you can run debconf-updatepo yourself.

Denis