Re: Simple firewall configurator on d-i?

[Sergio Talens-Oliag]
> Has anybody thought about including this (optional) functionality on
> the new Debian Installer? Is anybody else interested or working on
> it?

If it should be done, it should be done as a normal debian package
asking the configure question in its postinst, and installed by
base-config in the second stage of the installation.  The new Debian
installer only replaces the first stage.

> I think it is a good idea but I want to know if trying to implement
> it is worth the effort.  Excuse me if the answer to this question is
> answered anywhere else, I've just dowloaded the d-i cvs repository
> but I haven't started to look at it.

You should look at base-config instead.  I believe that is the correct
place to ask for default firewall configuration.