Re: A Hitchhiker Guide to "rescue.bin"

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:13:12AM +0700, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I not sure if this should be posted in debian-boot or debian-user.
> Hopefully, this is the right list.
>
> Since the current kernel in the CDROM distribution has the
> "ptrace/kmod" problem, I would like to know on how difficult
> will be to "self-service" built an alternate "rescue.bin" file.
>
> * What tool should I use/try: boot-floppies or debian-installer?
> * I am not a linux expert, so is there any "step by step"
>   webpage available for creating a rescue.bin file?
>
> thank you,
>
> --
> Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org  -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --
> DSA/FP:A5CA4C15/F14C B03C 341F 2844 C094 819B 65FF B464 A5CA 4C15

You should use boot-floppies, that is the released version. The new
debian-installer is for testing only. The installation manual

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

has a section in the Technical Information chapter on Replacing the
Rescue Floppy Kernel.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People