Re: sarge and sid issues with VFS: Cannot open root device

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 11:49:48PM +0200, Eric Smith wrote:
> I can install and boot potato no problem however using the sarge install
> CD and installing either sarge or sid, I have the same error message.
> Have tried various partitioning strategies and "root=" commands.
>
> FWIW - thus spake dmesg:
>
> VFS: Cannot open root device "302" or 03:02
> Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:02
>
> Perhaps it has to do with defining a
> root=/dev/discs/... or some other path
>
> Thanks for any  suggestions.

Have you tried woody? Since the sarge installer is not yet
in beta, anyone wnating to install rather than test is advised
to install woody and then upgrade to sarge if they want sarge.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People