Woody can't find an Adaptec 3200S RAID Volume

OK guys, this one has me stumped pretty bad. I'm trying to boot an IBM
Netfinity 4500R (type 8656 if anyone cares) with an Adaptec 3200S RAID
card with a RAID volume of 42.37GB on it (6x9GB).

I've tried booting woody to linux, compact, and bf24. Each boots
successfully, but does not see this disk, giving "No hard disk drives
could be found" errors when I try to install, obviously.

Here's the output from dmesg that I thought looked relevant to this
problem:

request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
i2o_scsi.c: Version 0.0.1
  chain_pool: 0 bytes @ dfffaa20
  (512 byte buffers X 4 can_queue X 0 i2o controllers)

Anecdotally, I can get FIRE (Forensic Intrusion Recovery Environment -
http://biatchux.dmzs.com/?section=main) to boot and see the disk array,
but so far that's been it.

Any light you folks can shed on this would be most greatly appreciated.
I'm determined to build this new server as a Debian system, but searching
through the lists, etc. I can't seem to find anyone who has had similar
problems (probably due to the nonstandard configuration -- the 'on-board'
card is an Adaptec 7899 and most people probably stuck with that -- I
have disabled that in the BIOS as we don't need it).

--
 .''`.     Daniel DeVoe <ddevoe@netset.com>
: :'  :    http://www.netset.com/~ddevoe