Re: Booting From Rescue Disk To Begin Clean Install

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:42:59 -0700
 "Chris Tillman" <tillman@voicetrak.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:05:44PM -0600, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
Chris Tillman wrote:
<snip>
>I think you need a different flavor. Did you try idepci?

I don't understand, different boot loader?

No, a different flavor.

http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s4.2

I'll try it out, but at the moment I only have my parents XP computer, so I'm going to have to hold off on doing anything. Thanks for the info though.

Also, the computer in question has never had problems before with scsi drivers being loaded.

--
Meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For you're an idiot and will toast your boxen