Trouble installing Debian

I burned the Debian Net-installation CD
I'm trying to load it on to an old computer
The computer uses a PCI NIC attached to my campus dhcp server.
The CD boots up okay, and I hit enter to begin the installation
The first menu I come to brings three options (mount cd, load modules, and exit to shell)
The shell option works
The first two options ask me to set my question preferences (critical high medium low)
After I set this there is an error that occurs over and over again
postinst exited with status 256
There is also something referencing DHCP installation
I'm assuming this has to do with loading my network drivers
The card is functional (worked yesterday)
and the ethernet cord is functional (working right now.)

Any help you may have is appreciated