Bug?? in Woody

Hello Guys (and Gals),

I am a very newbie to the Linux community, but when I was given a Sparc5, I felt I must become involved.
Now, to the bug??.  I installed Potato without too many problems and this runs well.  But, when I decided to upgrade to Woody, the installation went well until boot time.  Then, I was told that the proms were buggy and could not read past the first 1Gb of my hard drive (2.1 Sun Seagate SCSI) and asked for the image to boot.  After much frustration, I reloaded Potato, which as previously, works great.
The Sparc is a SparcStation5/70 with 64Mb RAM and a 2.1Gb HDD, SCSI CDRom, SUN keyboard,no floppy, no monitor.  I use a Wyse terminal to communicate with the Sparc.

Regards
Barry Eslick