Keyboard Hang-Up issues on Install

I had a similar type problem with Slackware and it really got on my nerves.  When I boot with the CD in the drive it boots up, then says Keyboard timeout - AT Keyboard missing? and then I can't use my keyboard.  The keyboard I use is an older AT keyboard with a PS/2 adapter on an Asus A7A motherboard.  I ran some other distros like mandrake and gentoo with no keyboard problems, however I would perfer to use debian over either.  Please help me out with this simple? problem.

Thanks,
Mark