Re: Help, can't boot bf24 on laptop

Eduard,
>>>>> Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> writes:

    edi> #include <hallo.h> * Marsh [Thu, Jan 16 2003, 08:48:59AM]:

    edi> a) User idepci flavor. That one is created to support broken
    edi> systems.  b) Try experimental boot-floppies with
    edi> 2.4.20-bf2.4.  http://people.debian.org/~blade/bf3024/.
    >>  Would it be possible to install the kernel boot-floppy image
    >> on the CD and reburn, then reboot?

    edi> Required files: basedebs.tar (from the archive or other
    edi> netinst CDs), drivers.tgz and rescue.bin (2880kb version),
    edi> both from the new BFs repository, bf2.4 trees.

I could not locate the "basedebs.tar".  Could you give me a
pointer?

I found "rescue.bin" in the images-2880 area.  Renamed it to
resc2880.bin.

There wasn't a corresponding "drivers.tgz" in the same area.  I'm
assuming the "drivers.tgz" file in
"/~blade/boot-floppies/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current" is generic?

    edi> Then use
    edi>http://cvs.debian.org/*checkout*/boot-floppies/i386-specials/mini-iso.\
		sh?rev=1.10&content-type=text/plain
    edi> to remaster the Image.

Wouldn't it be possible to just put the "rescue.bin" file in the
/install dir of the binary CD-1 unpacked image tree.  Make a new iso
image and burn it?  If so where would the "drivers.tgz" go?

Thanks,
-Marsh