Re: intel e1000 gigabyte

#include <hallo.h>
* Adam Di Carlo [Sun, Jan 12 2003, 02:26:21PM]:

> The PERC3/Di SCSI controller did seem supported, although it may be
> buggy, according to <URL:http://www.domsch.com/linux/> (cf "interrupt
> fix patch").

Weird, I had a quick look at this pages, and was not able to find
any patch for kernel versions past 2.4.17pre. Maybe all that problems
are resolved?

> The Intel (R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Card (e1000) doesn't seem to
> be mainline kernel source.  I wonder if we could provide this as a
> loadable module in the well-known location.  I dunno if there are
> license issues that prevent us from shipping this with the kernel
> itself....

Intel's driver license was "complicated", because of an unclear patent
clause. However, it seems that somebody was able to add their drivers to
kernel 2.4.20, so next bf2.4 kernel will have the e1000 module.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Wenn er die Reise bloß gut übersteht - sonst heißt es nachher noch,
dass