di: initrd isnt free'd

Booting the net flavour.

cat /proc/mounts shows

/dev/root.old is mounted on /initrd
devfs is mounted twice on /dev

I think one of the devfs mount must be from the ext2 ramdisk prior to
moving it to tmpfs, even though the path doesnt say so.

I cant unmount dev it reports Device or resource busy, this i assume is
preventing /initrd being unmounted and from freeramdisk /dev/rd/0 from
working.

Ive been strugling with it for a couple days now, ive even tried to redo
the initrd system in c, but i still havent been able to free /dev/rd/0

Anyone know whats going wrong, or when it broke (if it ever worked)

Is it safe to set rootfs as /dev/rd/0 in syslinux.cfg even though tmpfs
is the real rootfs ?

Thanks

Glenn