Re: This bug should be fixed on boot-floppies side

Moin Junichi!
Junichi Uekawa schrieb am Thursday, den 09. January 2003:

> > eject is missing from the woody basedebs. On powerpc, this makes changing
> > the CDs extremely awkward (newbies rarely dare poke a paper clip into the
> > CD tray). Installation from CD is impeded severely, hence the severity of
> > critical.
>
> I think this  bug should be dealt on boot-floppies side.
> Shouldn't it ?

HOW? It would be easy to add this to debootstrap's call, but if the
packaging is missing in basedebs.tar, people installing from it would
fail. So debootstrap would require an update, or at least a change in
basedebs.tar building script and an update of basedebs.tar. I think
Anthony is the one to make this decission.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Don't drink as root!