Re: Support for a new PowerPC board

Ross Vumbaca <rossv1@optushome.com.au> writes:

> There is a new PowerPC board aimed at consumers called "AmigaOne" (or
> MAI Teron CX/PX) and we have been porting the Linux kernel+some
> drivers to it.
>
> I run Debian Woody on mine and of what does work, works quite well.
>
> I would like to help Debian support this board as a flavour of PPC (if
> Debian is interested in that), since I am new to this, would anyone be
> able to tell me what the procedure for this is? I.e Who do I contact,
> and what do they require? A kernel package assumedly, plus install
> guide and install disks..
>
> I have also created some "install disks" for the AmigaOne too, based
> on the PReP install disks, and an install guide for end users.
>
> The PReP disks needs to be changed a bit to suit the AmigaOne better,
> I have the source code, but I am finding it a bit of a mess to follow,
> is the maintainer of the powerpc install disks on this list?

This list *is* the maintainer.

I would suggest you target debian-installer and contribute to that
effort rather than expending effort on boot-floppies.

OTOH, if the changes are minor (doubtful) we might be able to
integrate these changes into 3.0rX point releases.  Send patches to
this list.

If you want to help out Woody users until Sarge releases, you can have
"unofficial" boot-floppies posted at a stable URL, and we might be
able to add that to the errata section at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/>.

Cheers.