Re: debhelper: builds udebs, please test

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 12:41:28PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Bastian Blank wrote:
> > it modifies some of the utils as well to don't generate md5sums or
> > install docs and changelogs into the udebs.
> >
> > please test them before i'll push the patch upstream.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~waldi/debhelper/
>
> I seriously doubt I'd accept this, it complicates debhelper for no
> reason; you can already make udebs with it if you use it right.

And how is that? I would seriously appreciate some better discussion
of how to make udebs. I have udebs for glib and pango, but I'm not at
all sure that they're correct, or anywhere near optimal.

michael

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"The messiah will come only when he is no longer necessary."
- Franz Kafka