Problems installing debian 3.0 on a Bull Escala T430 (PowerPC)

Hi all,

I've got this Bull Escala T430 server, which currently runs some Bull version of AIX 4.3.3.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to the Bull, AIX, the powerc architecture and debian, and I have no idea of what prep, chrp, oldworlds and newworlds means. Still I'd like to give it a shot :-)

What I have tried already:
- I've changed the firmware setup to boot from CD-ROM instead of from disk.
  The machine then reads the CD-ROM, reports "Loading 773378 bytes" and hangs

- I've created different versions of boot floppies, but the firmware does not understand the format.
  That is, if my system is chrp, to be expected as the doc says that floppy boot is broken on chrp.

Any help, hint or info will be much appreciated.
TIA
Bjørn Augestad

PS: According to the post below, the T430 is CHRP-compliant, whatever that means...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=no&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=1c10ceea87f189c2&seekm=3BE7F523.E26E8BA0%40Bull.Net