Re: working on the Alpha port

Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

>> > Ah.. almost sure it is.
>>
>> What boot loader are you using? It should be loading the initrd, not
>> the kernel.

Does syslinux support that?  Never saw it anywhere.

Note that we're wanting to load the initrd from a second disk,
so the boot loader would need to support disk-change and so on...

> Shouldn't it be compiled in anyway? People might want to load
> additional drivers/plugins/whatever from floppy.

Yes, floppy-retriever on a net-1440 floppy would be
useful IMHO.

Just dumping a udeb on a floppy seems like a convenient
way to load additional drivers and such.

--
CYa,
  Mario