Re: Boot of Debian 3.0 on HP ZX6000

At 11:08 +0100 10/29/02, Bernhard Busch _in german_ wrote:
>Hallo
Hello

>Wir haben von HP eine ZX6000 (2 Prozessoren)
>ohne Betriebssystem bekommen.
We got from HP one ZX6000 (2 processors)
without operatingystem.

>Ich konnte von der debian-3.0-ia64-1 CD booten und
>Debian installieren, mit boot loader.
I was able to boot and install debian-3.0-ia64-1 from CD
and with boot loader.

>Wenn ich aber jetzt boote , kommt nur das efi Menü
>und ich kann debian nicht booten.
When I now try to boot, only the efi menu appearce
and I can't boot debian.

>Kann mir da jemand  bitte helfen?
Could somebody please help me?

Looks like you got IA64 on which you can install Debian,
but the bootloader doesn't known how to use it.

I think you need to contact people how known more about
the bootstrap on the ZX6000.

Geert St
---------
Get my envelope closing key with `gpg --recv-keys 5511798F`
or use the equivalent of your favorite Pretty Good Privacy software.
The envelope opening key is already here.