Re: woody install problems

#include <hallo.h>
* Chris Tillman [Thu, Oct 03 2002, 10:34:39PM]:

> > >Peter, Try this one
> > >http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies/cvs/boot-bf2.4-with-basedebs.iso
> > ><http://people.debian.org/%7Eblade/boot-floppies/cvs/boot-bf2.4-with-basedebs.iso>
> > >
> > >This works for me on every think I have tried it in.
> > >
> > >Can't figure out what to do with this one: doesn't boot and neither do
> > >any of the images on it.
> > >
> > >Wont work with this crap without additional modules. See
> > >http://www.debian.org/~blade/install/preload/
> > ><http://www.debian.org/%7Eblade/install/preload/>.
> > >
> > >This didn't help either; but it doesn't seem like I should need it if
> > >the hard drive is just on the MB's ide.
>
> If you've tried everything at ~blade, there's probably no one else here
> that has a clue. Eduard (~blade) might, but then again he's tried to
> take care of most problems with his site. And he seems to be busy lately.

Sorry, no clue in this case, and no time for extensive support. The
images are built months ago, it's the Woody version and only few persons
have problems with them, eg. with unsupported IDE RAID controllers. I
suspect a problem with the CDROM drive or the mainboard BIOS if the
systems does not boot at all.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
ATIP:              97m 25s 30f
Disc Manufacturer:  The Coca-Cola Company.