Re: Root image for network install ?

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 08:21:56PM +0200, Christoph Plattner wrote:
> Thanks for all hints here !
>
> But I have no luck in that Debian setup.
> I did following experiment, and I can give a list
> of problems. And those problems I have, although
> I have many experience in
> 	net booting of i386 (etherboot+GRUB)
> 	net booting ELKS (was developed by me)
> 	net booting of HP-PARISC with rbootd and BOOTP/TFTP
> 	net booting sparc via RARP and TFTP
> 	net booting VAX via BOOTP/TFTP and mopd
> and more on that. Also have experience in setting up
> root file systems for NFS and locally and with embedded
> target systems.
>
> But I have problems with the debian default procedures:
>
> Machine to become debian workstation: IPC Sparc 4/40
> (25MHz, 36MB RAM).

Have you tried over on debian-sparc? There is very little experience
in this group with tftp booting. There were some additions a few months
ago regarding tftp in the install manual, have you read it thoroughly?

Yes, woody=3.0.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |