Re: kernel version 2.4.18-generic on a dec alpha xl 266

Quoting Joachim Köstler <j-e-k@gmx.net>:

> Kernel panic: cannot mount root fs.
>
> The scsi-controller seems to be have been identified correctly, the
> correct module ncr53c8xx seems to have been loaded.
>
> I couldn't find any solution on the net. Is there anybody on
> lists.debian.org who can help me?

Is the filesystem of root in the kernel? Eg. if your / is reiserfs, you need to
include it in the kernel.

Linking statically (not as a module) might also help.
--
Hannes Wenzel
System Management

DELPHI Software GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der DELPHI Firmengruppe
A-1120 Wien, Vivenotgasse 48,  www.delphi.at

Tel: +43 1 815 14 56 0 Fax: +43 1 815 14 56 21
Mobil: +43 699 18151045
eMail: h.wenzel@delphi.at