Install on 1024x768 LCD

I am trying to install Debian Woody from disk onto a laptop with a 1024x768
LCD screen.
The text appears to be defaulting to a 800x600 screen.
This means that instructions and menus are often displayed below the bottom
of the screen.
For instance, while partitioning the partition list is displayed, but I
cannot see the menu of choices I have made.
This is worse during package installation and configuration, when I cannot
see the prompt or any messages from the system.
Is there a boot parameter to change the screen resolution during install.
I have looked in the help system on the disk with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated while I continue to search the web for
answers.
Thank you in advance.
Love
Mike.