Re: boot and root disk assembly

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:58:43AM -0300, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:
> Hi all, I'd like to make my own boot and root disks.
> AFAIK, I can use mkrescue to make my boot disk using the working kernel.
> When I boot with this disk, after the kernel is loaded, it asks for a
> root disk.
>
> how do I make one ?
> I'd like to put some utilities to check reiser filesystems and other
> stuff !

I haven't heard of mkrescue.

You can use dd to make a floppy, the exact command line is in the manual
(link in my .sig).

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |