Re: aha152x won't boot

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 06:16:25PM +0200, schnobs@babylon-kino.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In short: the line "boot: linux aha152x=0x340,11,7" does not
> show the desired result from boot floppies. (woody/stable)
>
> The long story:
> I acquired an old portable machine in the usual way and would
> like to make it work. I slapped in an old HD of mine, that
> happened to carry a working installation of woody.
> Using the mentioned parameter, I can boot from the harddisk.
>
> However, I'd like to repartition and think that the easiest way
> would be to start over. But when loading the very same kernel
> from boot floppies, the "aha152x=etc" doesn't seem to work; at any rate the hostadapter isn't found, the
> text scrolls past too
> fast for me to tell more.
>
> Noone's life depends on this; it's a mere hobbyhorse. but if
> someone could give me a hint what I'm doing wrong...

I'm not familiar with the parameter, but as far as seeing the messages,
just execute a shell or switch to console 2 and dmesg | more.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |