Re: Installer fails whilst finding packages

Thanks for your reply.

> fbd648f7db424b89b2d9e903c47d67b5  /var/cache/apt/archives/iptables_1.2.6a-5_i386.deb

I've done a little more research and yes the checksums match. I checked
both the md5sum iyou gave and the one in the Packages file. The compressed
packages file is identical.

> Look on verbose messages at thirth and fourth console (alt-f3, alt-f4).

There is nothing on Alt-f4 I can see, i'll go hunt for a way to make the
installer more verbose.

Alt-f3, the third console just gives me 'dbootstrap: user.err could not
download iptables'

The US version gives me exactly the same problem.

I ran "dpkg-deb --field debian/pool.....ipchains_target.deb" and it never
complained about the package being corrupt. I couldnt find any dpkg
command to verify a package in the short time I've been trying to find
one.

I cant see anything wrong with the packages file that specifies the
iptables file, not that i'm overly familiar with the format.

I also copied everything a "find /instmnt -type f | grep deb$" found
into the /target/var/cache/apt/archive/ area and it all fits happily.

I'm going to try starting over again, with one single big partition on
the hard drive to see if it's related to anything like that, but i dont
know where to look so i'm just grasping for clues at this point.

Thanks,
Dave