Re: autopartkit (Was: d-i udebs up-to-dateness of archive)

* Aneesh Kumar K.V <aneesh.kumar@digital.com> [2002-07-29 15:35]:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 18:25, Thomas Poindessous wrote:
> >
> > I don't think perl or python will be available for d-i.
> > I gave those links just for looking how other distro have think their UI,
> > not for their code.
> >

> Does that mean that the  hardisk partitioning is going to look like.
>
>  (1) ask  questions through debconf ( Is this possible to handle all the
> possibilities via debconf ? )
>  (2) Create a profile file from the answers
>  (3) start autopartkit with the profile
>  (4) if any error show errors.

I don't know how they want to do it, but it seems there are multiple
possibility (like in http://people.debian.org/~blade/di-partitioning.txt)

At the moment, there are two packages : autopartkit and partkit

It just seems that it's quite difficult to handle all the options via
debconf ...