Re: autopartkit (Was: d-i udebs up-to-dateness of archive)

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 17:49, Thomas Poindessous wrote:

> Please also look at Mandrake install. They have done a very nice
> partitioning tool, which does a lot of autoconfiguration stuff.
> It's written in perl.
>
> CVS is here :
> http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gi/perl-install/diskdrake/
> http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gi/
>
> http://www.linux-mandrake.com/diskdrake/

How is this going to be useful ? I guess the point is make debconf ask
certain question and as per the answer select the profiles and
associated partitioning mechanism. are there any plans to use  languages
like perl or python to do the partitioning . PGI uses a python based
installer but as on now  doesn't support many partition table . From the
above link it is mentioned BSD and sun partition table  support is in
CVS. Is there any plans to go with any of these ?

 -aneesh