Re: debian-installer status -- 2002-07-29

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> wrote:

> Can you give us a kickstart on how to use it, how to build it, what has to
> be done for other arches?

I will only comment very partially on "what has to be done for other arches".
For i386, we have lilo-installer and grub-installer (and I'm working on
something similar which will make a floppy bootable). For non-i386, we
have *no way* of making a system bootable. If someone who is a wiz in some
arch want to write something similar (it shouldn't be that hard -- generate
a skeleton <whatever bootloader you're using>, install the boot sector,
possibly ask some debconf questions first).