Re: sarge, console-tools, debconf or not

* Yann Dirson <ydirson@altern.org> [2002-07-22 22:24]:
> > Actually, I've asked people at debian-devel for the things they want
> > in console-tools-v2. Short answer is: Nobody cares.
>
> > 1. Split console-data on multiple packages.
> > 2. Throw away or minimize debconf usage.

I'd like to see console-* go away eventually.  IMHO the right thing to
do is merge our changes back into kbd and write a good debconf
front-end for kbd.  Also, we should check what Red Hat, SuSE et al do
(SuSE had some PowerPC patches which we use now too).  Alastair, would
that be a possible task for you?

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com