Re: Woody on a laptop with pcmcia 8139too

OK, but the problem still exists:
The user is not presented the option to install the 8390 module in the modules
list, and the installation system doesn't detect a network device when it is
manually loaded. Also, it is confusing as (if I remember correctly) Redhat uses
8139too for this pcmcia card. At least there is no 8390.o under pcmcia/. In
addition to that, modinfo 8390 doesn't help much (no desc., whatsoever).

Even after loading the module, I am unable to make the network work. There is no
eth0, and my /proc/pci shows the following:
Bus 2, device 0, function 0:
Ethernet controller:  (rev 16)
Master Capable. No bursts. Min Gnt=32.Max Lat=64.

Any ideas on either the boot disks generally or on my specific problem?

johan

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan@ehnberg.net