Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:30:15PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>

> > > You like "argumenting" with semi-technical reasons - so which one is it
> > > this time?
> >
> > Good grief, you _weren't_ joking?
>
> Nope. The smiley was for Debian-4.0. If we cannot guarantee stable DI in
> appropriate time, the whole distribution should not wait for it.

For the installer, porting is a major effort, because architectural
differences are greatest when dealing with the hardware at a low level
such as during partitioning/booting. i386 is the _best_-understood.

Then once you get something done, you also have to get it documented
and translated. I think for woody+1 we could have other options
available on an experimental basis, but that b-f would be our
recommendation for those that d-i doesn't work for (which could be
quite a few).