Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 05:49, Timshel Knoll wrote:
> The bigger issue is that parted is very strict about the partition
> tables it reads, so parted will not work well with inconsistent / dodgy
> partition tables which may have been caused by other programs. The
> ability to resize filesystems in the installer would be _very_ cool,
> however, but there may need to be a fallback method to normal fdisk ...

That seems rather unfortunate.  Is there nothing that can be done to make
parted more tolerant of "dodgy" partition tables?  A fallback to fdisk
would be possible, but that's something we would want to avoid if it's
at all feasible to do so, both from a standpoint of reducing the amount
of code that has to be shipped with the installer, and providing a
consistent user experience.

p.