Re: http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/powerpc/ch-administrivia.en.html

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:05:02PM -0400, Max Blanco wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am experiencing trouble with my ppc installation.
> I got to the step of re-booting my ppc under linux.
> Then I did re-boot.  Trouble is, I get the message
>  can't open /pci/mac-io/ide@20000/ata-disk@0.0
> repeating endlessly.  I can't access my cd rom drive, nor my floppy.
> Nothing seems to work.
> Please help me!!!
> max.

Perhaps you mis-typed it here in the mail, but boot-device should end
with 0:0 , not 0.0 . You can check after getting the error with

printenv

and looking at boot-device.

I'm assuming this is an oldworld model? If you need to reset that, type

setenv boot-device /pci/mac-io/ide@20000/ata-disk@0:0

You might also be able to shorten it with an alias, try devalias to see
what it says.