Re: PDC20268 support in boot disks

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 01:04 AM, Eduard Bloch wrote:

#include <hallo.h>
Ben Marsh wrote on Tue Jul 02, 2002 um 09:24:08PM:
I have been downloading iso images with the hope of doing a net install
of debian unstable (hopefully) bypassing stable and testing to save on
downloaded megabytes.  However all the isos seem to use the same boot
kernels and none of them seem to have the driver for the Promise 100Tx
PCI IDE controller (PDC20268 chipset) in them.  My hard drive is to big

Wrong. Use the bf2.4 netinst images
(http://people.debian.org/~blade/boot-floppies) or choose bf2.4 in any
multiboot-image. Hint: RTF boot-screens.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Letzte Worte des Computers: "Sind Sie sicher? (J/N)"

Point taken.  The BF2.4 kernel is the one for me.

Nevermind. I thought I was a good little boy. I thought I tried _all_ the boot options on _all_ the iso's that I could find on the net I even mounted a few on redhat to see whether there was a module instead. I did lots of dmesg | grep hd and dmesg | more.

oh hum,

Thanks,

Ben Marsh