2c on: kernel 2.4 in boot floppies

hi

I would like to spend my 2 cents in favour of the recent
proposal by Eduard Block
(see http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200201/msg00437.html)
of having a boot flavour with kernel 2.4

Recently I tried to rescue a system which had
 only one partition done with ReiserFS ;
the problem is: the above system had been installed with a
recent kernel, and with a recent version of ReiserFS;
while the version of ReiserFS that is supported by the "resierfs"
(read: kernel 2.2) boot flavour is old ;
so I was unable to rescue the aformentioned system

I am in favour of abolishing the "resierfs on kernel 2.2" boot flavour
altogether, and to
substitute it with a new "kernel 2.4 plus reiserfs"  flavour;
since the former is also buggy (as E Block himself was reporting)

thanks for your attention

a.
--

Andrea Mennucc
 "E' un mondo difficile. Che vita intensa!" (Renato Carotone)