Debian 22r4 on Asus A7V 133 (U-ATA 100)

Hi there,

I do have a problem installing Debian 2.2r4 on my Asus A7V 133 - U-ATA 100 by Promise onboard Chip (my guess is that the problem is caused by this fellow). I downloaded the installation/rescue discs from Debian, they are booting but the installation routine cannot find my harddisk (IBM DTLA-307030), later on it is also unable to find my Ethernet card (noname with realtek chip rtl8139).
Installing SUSE with Kernel 2.4.4 is no problem, so the hardware is o.k.

Has anyone heard of a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance

K. Werner