Adaptec ATA Raid 2400A and Woody

Hello,

I have managed to install woody on a system that uses
the above adaptec card. I had at first to use a minimum
potato installation on a separate disk and then upgrade
to woody, install a 2.4 kernel and then use the dpt_i2o
module to see the raid disk. A friend of mine wishes
to use the same card on a system but he wants to make
a fresh install directly on the raid device. There aren't
any woody disks with kernel 2.4 as far as I can tell.
Does anybody have a workaround for this ?

George Papamichelakis