Re: kernel panic: vfs: unable to mount root fs install errror 01:00

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 05:56:37PM -0800, justin cunningham wrote:
> I'm trying to get a server built with 2.2r4 potato cd and keep getting
> the above error.  I tried the boot options in f2-f8 and tried mounting
> various root.bins from specifying floppy0 at boot: then got kernel
> panic: no init found try passing init= option to kernel.  I looked up
> the errors on the deb user list and found similar questions but no
> answers.

Have you tried booting from one of the other CDs?  Each one has a different
kernel, and they don't all work properly for all users.

You might also like to try the woody installer instead.  Nobody is doing
active development on the potato disks any more.

p.