Re: The current implementation of the progress bar is useless with monochrome monitors.

> Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net> cum veritate scripsit:
>
> > With a monochrome monitor the current implementation of the progress
> > bar is useless since it keeps shown as it was shown on the beginning of
> > the process.
> > That is, it keep shows that the process has not been started (or, if
> > you like, has ended).
>
> er... are we talking about boxProgress() in utilities/dbootstrap/boxes.c ?
> It seems like newt is the one needing some massaging, at first glance.
>
> regards,
> 	junichi
>
> --
> dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
> GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4

I do not know where is it implemented in the code.
You should think of me as a boot-floppies user, not a hacker. I hope
this is O.K of me to post to this list.

The progress bars I am referring to are the ones that appear when one
is installing the operating system and drivers, and the ones that
appear when one is using the network to install the base system. I hope
I did not forget one; all the ones that I have seen behave the same.
Also note that I am referring to the graphical bar. The base
installation report by words what is the package that it is currently
fetching.

What about using the same progress bars as the ones that the fsck uses
at the boot process?
--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka(at-no-spam)bezeqint.net