Re: problem with console-data 1999.08.29-23 ?

* Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore-devel.com> [20020106 21:58]:
> utilities/writemaps/loadkeys -b -v .../usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/gr.kmap.gz
> switching to euro
> unknown keysym `cent'
>
> Is this a problem in our loadkeys program or a problem in the keymaps
> file?  I note that the 'cent' keysym according to our sources is
> actually called 'currency'.

gr.kmap is broken anyway and should imho not be used.  On my system,

| findfile(): timeout waiting for undead child(ren) ?

I have no idea why since all the files it tries to import exist afaik.

Can you try to load another keymap with imports the euro (e.g. uk, fr,
de).  If it fails, you'll probably need a newer loadkeys.  If this is
a problem for boot-floppies, the cent can be turned off again in
console-data since the euro is more important anyway.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com